Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, August 6, 2021

LIKE A LOVER

I’ve come back. For more.

Nowhere would I rather be 

than in the arms of your presence. 

No one would I rather be with than you.

I lap up your love like its honey.

I feel you inside me. 

Inside my head. My heart. My being. 

I want to tell you everything, 

want you to know everything about me, 

want to know everything about you.

Can’t say no to you. Don’t want to. 

Disarming me, you move me to remorse, 

invite me into the healing realm of repentance.

Here all my defenses feel so false.

I no longer need them. I’m safe,

for you are the antithesis of my enemy. 

Within, I feel so small, so insignificant 

beneath your unwavering gaze,

yet you make me feel precious to you,

like you can’t live without me,

or like you could, but you won’t.

You liberate my self-incarcerated spirit,

Deep calm is mine, and deeper freedom.

As if for the first time, I see who I really am

and I love the me that you see.

You make me wonder: 

Are all our earthly lovers, 

even the best of them, 

and them at their best,

mere microcosms 

of your sweet love?

No comments:

Post a Comment