Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, June 10, 2022

THE CHICKEN IN THE EGG

I recently had a dream in which I was standing on the shore of a swift-flowing river just where it opened to the ocean. While I watched, an empty unattended panel truck parked nearby rolled backwards down a small embankment and into the water. It sank instantly, though I'd expected it to do so slowly since it was basically an air bubble encased in a thin skin of metal. 


Fortunately, at least, there was no one in it.


A moment later a huge, heavily armored tank came clattering over a hill and into view. Without hesitation, it drove out onto the river and to my astonishment, remained afloat as if on solid ground. Once there, it turned 90 degrees and followed the river’s flow out onto the open ocean and off to a distant shore!


We’d spent the day at the ocean, I’d watched the evening news, and before going to sleep I’d been ruminating on a question:“What is the relationship between my thoughts and the world I experience every day? 


In other words, which is the chicken in the egg and which is the egg in the chicken?” 


TODAY.

LET’S GIVE THE WORLD & OURSELVES A GIFT.

LET’S THINK ABOUT WHERE OUR THOUGHTS COME FROM.


No comments:

Post a Comment