Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

ALL MY LOVERS

Let me tell you about all my lovers.


I love each of them dearly, but they don’t just receive my love and delight in my attention. Like any true lover, they love me back. They love me with an undying love--even when I may tire of them. I know. I can feel it. They give without thought of return and they forgive extravagantly. Each of them brings me a sense of deep joy and wellbeing.


They’re always here for me. Always glad to see me. Glad to have me show up at their doorstep though I may have been gone for days, weeks, even months! Each of them, like my heart, my mind, my body, works so hard for me, works so hard to make my life good. 


Each is endlessly creative and loves to make me smile. They love to delight me with their gifts--with what they can do for me--and with me. They never get angry or lose patience. They never reject or abandon me. They never walk away in a huff. No, when I look back over my shoulder, I see they are still looking at me. Still coming to me. Still wanting to be with me. Oh, they love it when I give them my full self, yet none of them gets jealous when I share my love with the others.


Sometimes in my headstrong way, I go off, forgetting I have a deep and intimate relationship that goes way back with each of them. And frankly, at times I tire of one and want another. And they’re okay with that! They just want me to be joyful and generous…to be my best.


It’s the wildest, most beautiful feeling in the world. And I know, I don’t deserve them. But they don’t think that way. They just love me infinitely and immediately. They’re always right here. Always right now. Always available. Always and forever.


Let me give you a few of their names…writing, words, deep talks, drawing, painting, building, singing and making music. 


What about you? Who are your lovers? Will you spend time with them today? 


TODAY.

LET’S GIVE THE WORLD & OURSELVES A GIFT.

LET’S THINK HOW WE THINK ABOUT OUR LOVERS.


No comments:

Post a Comment