Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Taken

Richard Rohr, in his book Immortal Diamond: The Search for Your True Self  writes...

Your soul is who you are in God and who God is in you. You can never really lose your soul; you can only fail to realize it, which is indeed the greatest of losses: to have it but not have it (Matthew 16:26). Your essence, your exact "thisness," will never appear again in another incarnation. As Oscar Wilde said, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

     I thank you, God, for creating me in your likeness--and for uniquely recreating something of your very self in me. Though I know I can never fully realize or understand the truth or scope of this gift, I will live my days in joyful discovery of your essence within me--and in all of your creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment