Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Monday, May 15, 2017

ON WINGS OF WILDNESS

Into the wild I come
And You are here
You throw mountains together
And fling planets apart
You bless my life with just such wildness and freedom.

Giving me hope, a wild, wild thing,
You bring me into the wild place of your love
You break me forth from my self-said bounds
You crown me with laurels of ever-expanding thoughts.

Like a sea, your wildness seeps into and out of my being
Inundating me, undulating me.
You take me, toss me, turn me, trust me.

There is no wild place that you do not call home
No place where you are not at ease and in repose
Even in the midst of all that is dead within me
You bring me safely through the worlds of “Unknown!” and “Beware!”

You carry me on the wings of your wildness there...here
The wind of your Spirit beckons me,
“Come away, my beloved”
And I come.

You call me into the wildness that is in all
Gladly, gladly I come.
For I know, you are calling me
Into You.

"My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; 11 for now the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. 12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. 13 The fig tree puts forth its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. (Song of Songs 2:10-13 NRSV)

No comments:

Post a Comment