Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Monday, July 16, 2018

JOY HAS COME

Today,
I want my every thought, every word, 
every emotion, and every action 
to be bathed and buffed, 
cleansed and clothed in Joy.

Today,
I will practice both living in
and living out this Joy 
from this moment of sweet awakening 
until, at its close, that moment of savored rest.
  
Today,
I will treat all of creation 
with whom and with which I share 
this gloriously alive moment of Life 
with such Joy as Joy entreats me.

And then, at the end of this day,
before I close my eyes to its length and light,
I will look back on it and know
that Joy has come to me, too.

"You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, (Psalm 30:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment