Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, May 8, 2020

GLINTINGS

Good morning, all. Here's my latest...


GLINTINGS

How can I feel anything
but the greatest and purest of jubilation
shimmering outward from a realm I know not,
but love so deeply;
The chasmic and cosmic glee reposed within,
that upon bidding, rises to mesmerize me
with its glintings of illimitable joy that
lie waiting--and wanting--to be discovered
in the “this” of this new day.

The dread that woke me up with such a start
is but a haunting of my own evocative imagination.
A fragment calved off some glacial foreboding.
And the worries that walloped my spirits with fear
have their genesis within the “me” of me,
not in my surroundings.

When I view my life and times from this scenic outlook
I discern three truths indubitably astonishing!
I am singularly accredited and authorized to act upon
this day’s one-show-only carnival of circumstances;
I am emboldened to plant the seeds of tomorrow’s 
even-more-dazzling performance
in the gloriously rich, dark and fertile chaos of this one;
And I am wildly waved, “Come! Join us!”
into the conjugal dance of existence itself;
A revelry of wellbeing in thanksgiving for all that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment