Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, May 29, 2020

SO LOVED

Good morning, all. May you know this love today. . .

I’m here with you again. 
I’ve come to kneel at your feet, 
to lay my head in your lap, to feel
your feathery fingers 
caressing my hair.

“Give me your hand,” you say
and you press it to your heart.
The warm beat of your body 
slows the machinations of my mind. 
It reconstitutes my spirit. 
Day dawns anew. 
This time within.

This bonding with you
--the You that is in me--
it's a wonder truly ineffable.
Words won’t work here.
“Life-giving” doesn’t begin to give lift
 to the effect you have on me. 

I do curvets and cartwheels 
in the heights of my imagination. 
I dive 3 ½ somersaults pike position 
into the placid depths of inner sight. 
I sprint the lengths of longsuffering. 
I breach the breadth of creativity. 

You are infinite. 
You are immediate. 
You are unconditional. 
You are abundant. 
You are intimate. 

You know me. 
You know how I get.
You know how I hold back. 
You know how I fight you. 
Yet always ready.
You wait. 
  
And you smile.
A Mona Lisa smile.
The smile of a father’s pride. 
And a mother’s joy. 
Oh, so loved.

“For God so loved the world.” (The Bible: John 3:16a)


No comments:

Post a Comment