Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, July 10, 2020

ALL IN MY HEAD

Good morning all. Here's a thought for your day. I hope you have a good one!

It’s right in front of me.
I’m staring at it--
yet without seeing it
for what it really is
--whatever “it” is.
Maybe I’m seeing it
for what “it” isn’t,
for what I wish it was,
for what I’d hoped it might be,
or worried it might become.
But while I’m “seeing”
what isn’t there 
I’m not seeing 
what actually is.
How does this happen?
Why does this happen?
Crazy thing is, 
sometimes, somehow
I truly believe I’m “seeing” 
what I’m seeing 
even though I’m not.
That I’ve got it right,
but no, that would be, “Not!”
I’m only seeing 
what I want to see,
what I wish to see,
what I hope to see.
Or maybe, somewhat crazily,
what I don’t want to see instead.
Yet it’s all here.
Be it want, wish or worry,
it’s all right here in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment