Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, April 16, 2021

THIS MUCH I KNOW

You are indeed a mystery, Lord.

You are so much I don’t know,

so much that astounds my mind,

so much that awes my heart.

But this much I do know:

To know you is to know pure love,

the kind no one can thrive, 

much less survive, without.

To know you is to pasture in your presence 

and experience your abundant life within, 

knowing that you aren’t just with me, 

you are one with me, even and especially

when my life is full of fears, 

and the moment fraught with tears.

To know you is to know 

that no matter what this day brings,

I’m being loved by a love that watches 

over all my comings and goings--

even when I don’t know 

whether I’m coming or going.

How can I help but 

love you back?


“The Lord is my shepherd. . . .” (Psalm 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment