Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Saturday, October 16, 2021

WE

Why am I here? 

Why have I come? 

What will carry forward

when all’s said and done?

Here solely to gain pleasure? 

Know leisure? Hoard treasure?

Or come to be present, 

fully present indeed.

This is my canon. 

This is my creed.

Come to live caught 

in delayed adolescence? 

Or here to break out, 

to become love’s essence.

It is love that wrought me,

and love, then, that brought me,

my energies freed

to serve those in need;

to bring forth love’s graces 

into all life’s dark places 

where worries creep in,

woes claim to be kin.

Why am I here?

Why have I come? 

What will carry forward

when all’s said and done?

This, clearly, I see; 

it’s not about me.

No, it’s not about me

but of love and love’s we.


No comments:

Post a Comment