Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

FOR SURE

I know a man, asks me oft as he can, 

“Well, what do you know for sure?”

He’s a bit of a joker, a bit of a poker,

but I trust him, his motives are pure.

The question he asks is innocent, I know,

if an odd way to start conversation.

But I have to admit, down in my pit, 

it causes me some consternation.

Though I’m not sure 'xactly why it puts me awry,

one or both of us must have some baggage. 

(While nurture, I think, is one of our porters,

some of our bags come prepackaged!)

Turns out, I don’t know half what I thought,

And half of that isn’t true.

But I also know some things I know

are “for sure” as the sky is blue.

I know how to care, I know how to share,

I know how to love, know the feeling,

I know for certain we need each other

I know the world needs our healing.

And if I know this, and you know that,

in my mind it leaves little doubt.

If each of us brings our blessings to bear,

then together we’ll figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment