Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, January 7, 2022

THE FACE

I close my eyes and quiet my breath,

I ease my ever-restive spirit into your solitude,

and I see you. I behold your sweet smile. So clearly!

So soft and warm your eyes as you rekindle mine,

your chuckle of glee at my arrival palpable,

though it should be the other way round.

You fill me with  an unfathomable mirth,

I feel such assent, such acceptance, such ecstasy,

that it moves me to a rare and cathartic humility.

But this, this one thing, catches me up.

It’s as if I’m gazing upon my very own self,

Me, yes, yet having an ageless countenance,

and a visage so filled with an unworldly energy

that you sweep me into the orbit of your aura. 

I don’t want to leave. Never. Ever. Thankfully,

you assure me that you are with me always,

that you are nearer to me than this very breath,

that I am lavishly anointed with your serenity

and extravagantly appointed with your joy.

So I wonder, are you the spark of the divine in me,

the Presence within reaching out?

Are you the face of my soul?


No comments:

Post a Comment