Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, April 8, 2022

THE QUIETING

Ever Approachable One,

I need neither wonder nor worry

if you’ll appear, or if you’ll speak.

You are always and ever present, 

even while I wander.

It is I that evades this quieting

even when I do come, 

when I, with my ageless agendas, 

my prodigious lists, 

my passion for productivity,

arrive clothed in boundless babble.

But when I lay aside every weight, 

every woe that clings so closely,

when I bare my whole shorn self,

it is then that you help me 

see through me to you,

and through you to me.

It is then you breathe new life 

into this valley of dry bones,

and I rise up bone to flesh, 

heart to mind, mind to spirit,

and dance into this new day

less rattled than when I came.


No comments:

Post a Comment