Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Monday, January 30, 2017

RESPONSE TIME


Sometimes when I listen for you, God,

All I hear is, well, nothing.

Oh, there are those glorious days when my wait time is zero.
'cause you take off like a bat out of hell!

Oops. Sorry. Me bad.
It’s true, though! Some days, I can’t keep up with you.

But other ones?
Nothing. Nada. Nyeht.

Like today.
Not a single thing. No thing. Nothing.

Wait. What?
You say you always have something to say to me?
But first, so I can hear,
You want me to relax my body...empty my mind...and open my spirit to you?
So, you're saying that's what'll happen if I just sit very still and be very quiet for a nice long time?
Oh.

(Long pause)

You still there, God?
How long is "...a nice long time?"

(Longer pause)

Okay. Okay. I get your point.
It's long enough to create a space for you to come into...a place of nothing.
Nada.
Nyeht.

(Oh, you’re good, God! You are really good.)

Be still, and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10 NRSV Bible)

 








No comments:

Post a Comment