Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Sunday, February 14, 2021

IF (A Valentine's Day Poem)

If I were a house, you’d be my home.

If I were a capitol, you’d be my dome.

If I were a clown, you’d be my smile.

If I were a singer, you’d be my style.

If I were a frog, you’d be my log.

If I were a hunter, you’d be my dog.

If I were a ship, you’d be my sea.

If I were a bird, you’d be my bee.

If I were a poem, you’d be my muse,

If I were a sunset, you’d be my hues.

If I were a mountaintop, you’d be my sky.

If I were a twinkle, you’d be my eye.

If I were a window, you’d be my view.

If I were a dream, you’d be my come true.

If I were a book, you’d be my spine.

If I were a hook, you’d be my line.

If I were a flower, you’d be my pot.

If I were a life, you’d be my sweet lot. 

If I were a fire, you’d be my spark.

If I were a grand central, you’d be my park.

If I were a tear, you’d be my shoulder.

If I were a bold, you’d be my bolder.

If I were a pickle, you’d be my jar.

If I were a race driver, you’d be my car.

If I were a lover, you’d be my love.

If I were a morning, you’d be my dove. 

If I were a peacock, you’d be my plume.

If I were a lady, you’d be my perfume.

If I were a kite, you’d be my breeze.

If I were a forest, you’d be my trees.

If I were a midday, you’d be my sun.

If I were a gangster, you’d be my gun.

If I were a treasure, you’d be my chest.

If I were a contest, you’d be my best.

But I’m just a poet, words waiting to be.

It’s you, my love. You set them free.


No comments:

Post a Comment