Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, March 26, 2021

DAY

An utterly new, one-of-a-kind day dawns, 

its beauty both gives and takes my breath. 

But with its calm comes this question: 

Will I let it dawn within as well? 

This one on my outside,

I can neither slow nor stop from coming. 

Ready or not. Here. It comes. 

But the new day within, 

that I can hold back, 

for as long as I want. 

I can stay stuck in yester’s day,

I can curl my arrested spirit up into a ball,

and let it roll it back down my mountain,

avalanching until it destroys all in its path, 

even the green that’s been growing for years.

But why? Why would I do that? 

Does the sun for even an instant, 

hold back its ubiquitous radiance? 

Does the spring warmed chrysalis 

hold back its beating heart butterfly? 

Does the high mountain melt

hold back its rivulets of watery wealth? 

Of course not!

Then come, Day. Shine. Shape. Share. 

As you create without, I will do the same within.

To this rarified recreation of me, I say, “Yes!” 

Dawn! Dawn! Dawn!


“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118.24)



No comments:

Post a Comment