Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, March 19, 2021

READY


My spirit is stuck in a thicket this morning.

Disparaging thoughts, disparate feelings,

like scrambles of brambles and branch-lacing vines,

they’re all racing rogue in my psyche,

scampering helter skelter across my brain’s terrain,

stumbling over each other in their rush to go where?

How can I settle down, settle in, settle up?

No way can I see a way through this maze.

Here there is no bright white of day,

only shadows of shadows,

and I woke up this way.


But the Spirit’s breath breathes into me deeply.

Calling. Connecting. Collecting. Clarifying.

Its eternal rhythm beguiles me softly, sweetly

until it holds all my dimensions, all my intentions.

Then it opens me wide to its world within me,

my high seas begin to subside,

my winds stop their howling,

my forests become sanctuaries of silence,

my meadows bask in the sun’s warming rays,

my pools become mirrors for the clouds,

my songbirds again sing ancient melodies,

my wildflowers spread their colorful wings,

my bees buzz in their casual way,

My spirit renews, my joy returns.

Now. Now, I’m ready,

ready for my day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment