Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Saturday, March 13, 2021

RIGHT UNDER MY "KNOWS"


Like the nose on my face,
these “knows” lead my way,
though tucked ‘neath my surface,
never see light of day.
I like to see
what I like see,
so there’s no need to bother
with things as they be.
But you’re saying my “knows”
are less truth, more fiction?
Well that, my friend,
is just your opiction.
My mind’s made up
so don’t try to change it.
Don’t try to persuade me,
I might rearrange it.
Besides, who says
I can’t have my own facts?
What does it matter
if my dam’s got some cracks?
And, haven’t you noticed?
They suit me just fine.
Never mind yours
if they’re different from mine.
‘Cause the way I see things
facts aren’t as effective
if, even for a minute,
I think they’re elective.
There’s just one thing though,
I don’t understand,
and if you don’t mind,
well, give me a hand.
I notice in the mirror
oh, every now and then,
something unflattering.
Damn! It’s happening again!
Seems the more I trust
and tout my “knows”
the more, oh my god!
my nose grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment