Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, March 13, 2015

Dealing in Immensities

Dear God, 
Once again, I’m aware in this moment of solitude, that I am enveloped in the immense beauty of your natural world…and in the immense quiet around me…and and immense joy inside of me.  I thank you for this, God.  I believe it is you who has put it in me. And I believe it is you, God, that brings the immensity outside of me to the immensity within.  You bring them together.  You, who have created them, connect them.  And by your graceful power, you make me aware of them.  
I thank you and I will be eternally grateful to you because you obviously have an immense love for me, for my brothers and sisters of this world and for this world itself—earth and air, sea and sky.  
We humans deal in “commodities” and “securities.”  In truth, we mostly deal in trivialities…and frivialities.  But you, God, you deal in immensities.  You deal in the immensities of grace, forgiveness and mercy.  You deal in the immensities of peace and patience.  We humans deal in days, hours, minutes and seconds.  You deal in eons and eternities.  We deal in dollars and cents.  You deal in faith and hope and love.  We deal in micro-biology and macro-economics. You deal in energy and matter…the stuff of galaxies and universes.  We deal in self-gratification and self-aggrandizement. You deal in care and compassion for “the least of these.”  We deal in inadequacies, insecurities and idiosyncrasies.  You deal in courage and integrity, wisdom and truth.
I thank you, God, for dealing in immensities.  I will be more than mindful of them today.  I will celebrate them and do my best to share them just as freely as you do.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment