Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, March 20, 2015

Risk It

There are three risks I can't afford not to take...

1. Believing I’m created in the image and likeness of God.
In other words, every person I meet today is created to be creative and compassionate.

2. Believing I am irreplaceable and unique in all the world.
In other words, every person I meet today is a one-of-a-kind expression of God’s love made flesh.

3. Believing I am of authentic worth solely because I exist.
In other words, every person I meet today has inherent dignity and eternal significance.

If you and I do not take these risks, we resign ourselves and each other to lives that are narrow, shallow, and determined by all that we fear. Insofar as we do take these risks, our lives are broadened by each other's perspective, deepened by each other's wisdom and transformed by each other's power.

I’ll take my chances. Will you?


“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-control.” (II Timothy 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment