Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, August 21, 2020

ENGAGED

Opportunities.

They aren’t just easily missed, they’re easily overlooked.

In the moment they may seem so small...“Eh. No big deal!’

Later, they boomerang back, revealing what they really are.

Or were.


Missed opportunities to say, “Yes, I’m in. Let’s go for it!”

Missed opportunities to say, “No, I don’t believe that’s right.”

Missed opportunities to say, “Thank you. You’re very kind.”

Missed opportunities to say, “You were right. I apologize.”

Missed opportunities to say, “I love you. You’re wonderful.”

Missed opportunities to say, “I take responsibility for this.”

Missed opportunities to say, “Wow! You’re so good at that!”

Missed opportunities to say, “Me, I choose happy regardless.”

Missed opportunities to say, “It’s okay. I’m okay. I forgive you.”

Missed opportunities to say, “Yes, I really do care.”

Missed opportunities to say, “I am so blessed!”

Missed opportunities to say, “I choose integrity over ego.”

Missed opportunities to say, “I know better. I will do better!”

Missed opportunities to say, “Hooray for you!”

Missed opportunities to say, “I’m going to make things right.”

Missed opportunities to say, “Say that again. I’ll listen better.”

Missed opportunities to say, “How can I help right now?”


All by themselves, opportunities often seem so small.

Add them together and sometimes two plus two equals five,

each one accomplishing the improbable. The impossible!

And with a smidgen of initiative they can have a huge impact.

They can make all the difference...the drop that turns the tide,

inch that goes the mile, pinch turning delicious into decadent.

The “Oh, it was nothing!” that changes someone’s everything.


We can just wait right here and opportunities will come to us,

or we can go looking for them which, it seems, they like best.

When we do, we always find them...and their many friends.

Fortunately for us, they aren’t very good

at playing hard to get or tag or hide and seek.

It seems, like a little child, their goal is actually

to be “gotten,” to be “tagged,” to be “discovered.”

They're always waiting in our wings to be engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment