Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Monday, August 10, 2020

WHAT IF IT'S NOT?

My goal in writing these posts and poems is to encourage us all to take a conscious look at how we think. While maintaining that same goal I pose a question which I hope you’ll ask yourself repeatedly throughout the day--regardless of who or what you are dealing with. (Sometimes I’ll actually take a pad and pencil or open a new file on my computer and force myself to list 5...10...or more different answers to the question.)

I have found this particular exercise extremely fruitful, especially when my emotions have slammed me into a knee-jerk reaction regarding something someone said or did to me. It helps me to unhook from a reactive and dangerous mode (good) . It helps me to understand the thinking of those around me (better). And it helps me to think in highly creative, outside-of-MY-box ways (best). Here’s the question:


WHAT IF IT’S NOT WHAT I THINK? (“IT” being whatever)



TODAY.

GIVE YOURSELF & THE WORLD A GIFT.

TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT HOW YOU THINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment