Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, August 28, 2020

MOLTEN

I’m feeling molten this morning,

like molten energy.

At my center, my core, my source,

I'm hot. Ready to go, ready to flow,

forward and into, not out and away,

from this day and its doings.


Yet up on my surface,

at the level of schedules and schemes,

decisions and distractions,

I feel myself slowly cooling--energy leaks!

Cooling by doubts and insecurities,

inadequacies and angst.

Worst of all, by the possibility

of being fast frozen by my fears.

Needling little ones. Gnarly big ones.

All of them, at the surface of my earth,

causing cooling and encrustation,

influidity and immovability,

of my passion and compassion,

of my peace and my power--

draining wealth from the well of my wellbeing.


Oh, the dangers of doing the day lukewarm!


Ah, but now I remember

at my core resounds my essence.

And what is my core mentoring me

about staying hot while in the cool?

“Approach everything as does a child at play,

engage in each action with joy and thanksgiving,

see all as invitation to cultivate your creativity,

say to life, “I’m all in!” against all odds and oddities,

take that one risk that’s only a risk for you,

remember that at some level, it’s all easy,

and at another, it’s all good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment