Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Saturday, December 18, 2021

COGNITIVE RECLINE

It’s coming, I can tell, the older I get, the less I remember, the more I forget. It’s a gradual reclining, like my favorite chair, that goes with graying and losing my hair. I still can recall all my grandkids names, but I suck at playing their video games. That roll of their eyes I’ve learned to ignore, But oh, how I hate when they insist I snore. And never mind asking, “ Where are the keys?” Where’d I park the car? Help me! Please! I had more to say. But what? Can’t remember. Will someone please tell me, are we in December?! Well there, I’ve fessed up to my very worst fear, yet I can’t complain, most of me’s still here. Cognitive decline? No, not there quite yet. But cognitive recline? That’s a pretty sure bet. I still think I’m ingenious though others think me daff. So I’ll let my lucidity go, just don’t take my laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment