Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, December 10, 2021

RE-MIND

My mind is rambling, 

scrambling to hold on 

to its turf, its tenure, its toys.

It’s tossing me carrot after carrot 

hoping to bait me back to the good ol’ days, 

the good ol’ days of painting by number,

of playing king of the hill and winner takes all,

of producing by the hour, minute, second.

Truthfully? It seems threatened, insecure,

needing to be the one in control of me. 

But my heart is saying to it, 

“Hey, everything’s okay. You can let go. 

You can let me lead. For just the moment. 

He’ll be back before you know it, 

back to leading from his left,

checking his quiver of to do lists,

maintaining his labyrinth of labels.

I just want him for a while. 

I want to feel with him, 

and for him to feel me. 

I want to play pretend with him,

help him color outside his lines again,

and fly like a kite in the true blue sky

on the sweet winds of surrender. And serenity.

I want to re-mind him that he’s already free,

always has been, always will be.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment