Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Saturday, May 15, 2021

COOL

CO. Thank you, God, for anointing me 

to be the unique, one-of-a-kind portal, channeler, 

and purveyor of your sagacious love for the world 

that I alone can be today.


No one else will experience it just as I will, 

--because no one else is exactly me, 

No one else will experience you in it just as I will 

--because no one else is exactly me, 

No one else will have the same holy invitations 

to be your loving, living and liberating presence in it 

--because no one else is exactly me. 


I have awakened from a restful night 

to a world that did not sleep well, 

that never sleeps well,

a world restless, rumbling, writhing, 

a world wide-eyed with fear, 

a world on fire with greed and pride and hate, 

a world that seems bent on its own undoing. 


But you, 

like the cool, refreshing waters with which I anoint my face, 

ever so lovingly remind me again this morning 

of who I am, where I am, and why I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment