Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Saturday, May 1, 2021

ENTER THE GARDEN

Meditation is like being in the garden of Eden,

here wisdom walks in the cool of my mind,

seeking me out, welcoming me in.


The first lesson this garden teaches me is this:

Infinitely rich and fertile, it lives and thrives within me

It is a garden of beauty, of bliss and of bounty;

all I dream of is here, all within easy reach.


The second lesson this garden teaches me is this:

It is not just in me, it is of me. I am the garden. The garden is me.

So, everpresent, it isn’t just in this moment, it is this moment, 

this day, this life, this world, this universe.


The third lesson this garden teaches me is this:

If I believe this garden exists, it exists.

But if I do not believe it exists then, for me, 

it does not exist. It will not. It cannot.


The fourth lesson this garden teaches me is this:

None of us perceives or experiences this garden all the time,

yet we are all welcome to visit at any time we desire. 

It is everywhere, in everything, if we have but eyes to see it.


The fifth lesson this garden teaches me is this:

All things in one’s physical life point to this garden

for the one who believes. But if I do not believe then, sadly, 

all things point only to themselves.


The sixth lesson this garden teaches me is this:

The whole universe is but a single sweet berry or glistening blossom here,

ripe and rife with energies light and dark to please the senses, 

to tease the imagination, to engage the spirit.


The seventh lesson this garden teaches me is this:

Here, as in Eden, what I ask for I will get,

whether it is good for me or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment