Welcome to a place of spiritual refreshment and contemplative conversation

Friday, May 7, 2021

LIVESTREAMING

While everything that happens is happening,

I wonder, sometimes, if someone or something

beyond my own little self-centered cosmos

is seeking to connect with me in “real time,”

wanting me to feel its loving companionship,

wanting me to know that it’s “all in” with me,

inviting me to do the same with it.


I don’t care what name is ascribed to it:

God, the Universe, Allah, Higher Power, Whatever,

because, thankfully, a jar’s label is not its contents.

I do care that this great “Who” or “What”  

seems to be constantly communicating,

continuously streaming a live feed to me,

scandalously offering its intimate presence,

and its moment by moment love-ladden wisdom.

I welcome this silent but savvy dialogue

with the One-from-the-other-side-of-all-things.

At the very least, it wooes me out into the open,

into the open of life and love, of compassion and joy.

At most, it catapults me into the ineffable.


Sometimes, when I step back and think on these things

I come to understand that absolutely every instant,

every interaction, every experience in life

is infinitely meaningful and perhaps even ultimately sacred,

whether I can fathom how that’s possible or not.

If this is true, then my part, my power and my privilege

is to choose from its multitude of meanings,

“Which of these am I going to live by, love by 

and livestream. . . . today?”


No comments:

Post a Comment